2016 Fall Conference
This year's fall conference will take place on September 23rd and 24th at Jackson's Mill in beautiful Weston, WV. The conference program has been released and registration is now open. Click here to download.
Beekeeper of the Year Nominations
Don't forget that all nominations must be received in writing by the Secretary seven days prior to the fall meeting, which means this year's deadline is September 16th. Your suggestions can be sent to the Secretary by snail mail or by email at:
252 Daisy Trail
Cool Ridge, WV 25825
Keep in mind the following requirements for the Beekeeper of the Year award:
- Own and/or currently manage or maintain honey bee colonies
- Have an adequate working knowledge of honey bee diseases and their diagnoses and control
- Have an adequate working knowledge of honey bee management with respect to swarm control, honey production, division, queen rearing, etc.
- Be a member and play an active role in the WVBA and local beekeeping associations
- Be active in local beekeeping education and honey promotion
-> Meeting Announcement <-
The WVBA Executive Board will be meeting on Saturday, September 10th. This meeting was not on the schedule shared earlier this year so please be sure to add this to your calendar.
The purpose of the organization shall be to promote the general interest in the pursuit of bee culture. This is accomplished by promoting awareness about honey bees, their fight for survival, what can be done to aid their survival and the support of beekeepers. This is achieved through Newsletters, Spring and Fall Conferences, involvement with West Virginia Agriculture and Conservation Day at the Legislature activities which promote the honey bee and products of the hive, and far more widely via this website which has the power to reach a global readership.